DoI minister denies claims airline and government are in dispute
Discussions over the future of the Heathrow flight route to and from the Isle of Man should be concluded ‘very, very soon’.
That’s according to the infrastructure minister who has denied there are arguments happening between his department and Loganair.
Chris Thomas told the House of Keys this week that the performance of the route, which has been previously underwritten by government, is ‘encouraging’.
He said the Heathrow service has exceeded passenger numbers and he believes the airline has all the information it needs to set its schedule for next year.
At the moment it’s not possible to book flights between the Isle of Man and the London airport past 25 March next year.
Mr Thomas told his fellow MHKs that Loganair met with government on Monday for discussions and he’s ‘absolutely sure’ the airline could be ‘part of the future’: