On Air Night Flight | 1:00am - 5:00am

Jurby family living in caravan after fire

Electrical fault sparked blaze

An appeal’s been launched to help a Jurby family who had a lucky escape from a house fire on Friday.

Michelle Taylor and her four children managed to flee the property at The Threshold after the kitchen blaze was threatening to spread through their home.

Fire crews say it was caused by an electrical fault on a fridge freezer.

The family, who are staying in a friend’s caravan, hope to be re-housed this week but are trying to raise funds to buy bedding and furniture as they had no home contents insurance.

Michelle hopes the incident will act as a reminder to others.

A fundraising page has been set up on the just giving website.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/suzanne-lennox?utm_id=108&utm_term=YgqqVrbR8

More from Isle of Man News