Quayle outlines further reopening and review dates
Developments included in the chief minister's update at today's (21 May) coronavirus media conference were:
- With immediate effect, trades such as physiotherapy and podiatry can restart, provided they have appropriate PPE and risk assessments.
- Tomorrow (22 May) the health minister will be making an announcement on the restart of non-essential health services, including dentistry.
- Certain outdoor sporting facilities will be able to open from Saturday (23 May), with further details set to be received.
- Next week (25 May) workplaces in the services sector will be able to reopen provided it's safe to do so.
- 'Lifestyle businesses' such as hairdressers, barbers and tattoo artists will be able to reopen from 1 June, provided they follow government guidance.
- Also from the 1 June, cafes and restaurants will be able to open 'outdoor areas' to customers, provided it's safe to so, with government set to issue further advice for this industry.
- On 15 June, all school sites will be open. On 17 June all students in hub schools will able to return their normal schools, though this will be voluntary.