On Air Early Breakfast Chris Williams | 5:00am - 7:30am

Ramsey bedroom fire

Fire crews in Ramsey were called out to a fire in the town last night (Tuesday).

Two appliances attended the property in Pairk Ollay, Lezayre, at around 8.30pm.

The blaze was in a bedroom and damage was confined to the mattress side of the bed and a small patch on the carpet.

The mattress was removed to the outside of the property and the rest of the bedroom checked using a thermal image camera.

The family who were in the house at the time were alerted by the smoke alarm.

Officers are again stressing the importance of ensuring your smoke alarm is working properly.

More from Isle of Man News