The leader of the union representing Island bus drivers says efforts will continue to avert a strike called for the end of next week.
That's the vow from Bobby Morton, Unite national officer for passenger transport which represents Bus Vannin drivers.
Yesterday it was confirmed action had been called for Thursday 20, Friday 21 and Saturday 22 December, after 71 of the 79 drivers who returned their ballots voted in favour of a strike.
That will cause serious disruption for passengers over a very busy shopping period and a at time when town centres will be crowded with people out celebrating, many of whom would have planned to uses buses to get home.
The Department of Community, Culture and Leisure is drawing-up contingency plans to 'minimise the impact' of the action on the public and to ensure pupils are able to get to school on the last two days of term.
Manx Radio has been told Island schools will be open on Thursday and Friday next week.
Mr Morton says with just under a week to go he'll continue trying to negotiate with the Department of Community, Culture and Leisure: