On Air Saturday Night Live Mike Reynolds | 10:00pm - 1:00am

Warning after kitchen fire

Fire crews from Ramsey spent 45 minutes tackling a blaze at a home in Sulby last night.

The fire broke out when a deep fat fryer caught light in the kitchen shortly before 6pm.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation, and firefighters ventilated the house.

The Island’s fire service is reiterating warnings about the dangers of deep fat fryers and chip pans, which are the most common causes of kitchen fires.

More from Isle of Man News