On Air One to Three Christy Dehaven | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Washing machine fire

Fire services called to Belmont Hill incident

Fire services were called out to an incident in Douglas this morning (Fri)

It happened around 8.40am at property on Belmont Hill, when a washing machine overheated and caught fire.

The householders had managed to isolate the power prior to leaving the property and the blaze was quickly extinguised by fire crews wearing breathing apparatus.

Damage was limited to the appliance itself and the immediate surrounding area.

More from Isle of Man News