On Air Carnaby Street Chris Williams | 8:30am - 10:30am

No shocks in FA Cup

Ramsey Youth Centre came close but there were no shocks as the road to the Bowl began on Saturday.

The Second Division side pushed Union Mills all the way before going down 2-1 at Garey Mooar in theCu Plas FA Cup Preliminary Round got underway.

Regular marksman Mark Grotty equalised a Michael Nash header as Youth Centre again underlined their impressive season with a fine performance.

But the top flight side emerged triumphant with a Sam Cain goal.

Elsewhere, Old Boys went on the rampage at Douglas and District, winning 9-1.

The Premier League side led 7-0 at the break in a one-sided contest.

A hat-trick from Liam Buckley, plus goals from Callum Stewart (two), Dean France (two), Craig Stewart and Gary Quirk sealed their place in the first round.

Jamie Corrin scored the D & D consolation.

League champions St George's progressed at the expense of Division Two Douglas Royal with a 4-0 win at Noble’s Park.

Two goals from substitute James McStay and one apiece from Andrew Newton and Chris Bass junior secured their progress.

The gulf between the top flight and Division Two was also evident at Billy Goat Park as Colby won 5-0 at Foxdale, courtesy of goals from Chris McKenna, Rob Weaver, James Collett and Marty Moore (two).

Michael won the all-Premier League tie against Corinthians, 4-2 at Balleira Road.

A Jamie Moffitt double and goals from Kevin Pulman and Kieran Quinn booked their place in the first round with Jamie Stoy scoring one in each half for Corinthians.

Ayre United won well at the Police with a 5-0 triumph, thanks to goals from Tony Corlett (two), Martin Torr, Mark Teare and Jason Craine.

Also at Groves Road, Pulrose emerged 4-1 winners against Braddan – Dave Skillen (two), Barry English and Jay Wood the Pulrose scorers.

Laxey eased into the first round at the Division Two’s bottom club but only after Ronaldsway took a shock lead.

Matty Wilshaw put the Rockets in front and they produced a spirited showing to hold Laxey to 1-1 at the break.

The Miners came through 5-1 in the end with Gary Williams, Ross Williamson (two) and Craig Taylor their marksmen. There was also an own goal.

Anthony Moore led the way with a double as St John's eased past Northern Athletic 7-1 at Mullen-e-Cloie.

Nick Ford, Andrew Chadwick, Nick Leung, Mark Wolfenden and Callum Taggart grabbed the others.

The visitors were on target with an own goal.

More from Isle of Man Sport