On Air The Saturday Social Kim & Simon Quine | 10:30am - 1:00pm

Asbestos risk after arson attack

 

Police are urging whoever was responsible for setting fire to a derelict building on the Malew football ground on Monday night to seek medical attention.

 

The building was surrounded by a fence which clearly displayed warning signs for asbestos.

 

The blaze was started at around 19:00, and those involved may have been exposed to airborne asbestos fibres.

 

Such exposure can ultimately lead to a number of potentially very serious conditions as the tiny invisible asbestos particles can stick to clothes and tools.

 

Police are advising members of the public to stay away from such buildings which pose a risk to their health.

 

They would also like to hear from anyone who knows about what happened last night.

 

More from Isle of Man News