On Air Night Flight | Midnight - 6:00am

Two kitchen fires tackled in Castletown

Firefighters are warning householders to be careful over the festive period, after two kitchen fires in Castletown in two days.

The first happened in Ballanorris Corner at around 11.30pm on Friday, while a similar incident happened in Smetana Close at 10.30pm on Saturday.

In both cases, elderly residents suffered smoke inhalation and were given first aid, but weren’t seriously hurt.

The Island’s fire service says people should be more careful cooking at this time of year and not leave pans or kitchen appliances unattended.

More from Isle of Man News