On Air Sensational 70s Chris Williams | 1:00pm - 4:00pm

Video doorbell owners urged to register with Information Commissioner

Devices that record outside the boundary of your property should be registered

If you have a video doorbell that records outside the boundary of your property you need to register with the Information Commissioner.

A reminder has been issued to those who control or process personal data that they must register with the office, including paying a registration fee.

Those with video doorbells or CCTV are required to comply with the law and pay the statutory fee, or risk a fine of up to £10,000.

It also applies to businesses, including sole traders, that operate CCTV on commercial premises.

Some exemptions do apply - full details can be found HERE.

More from Isle of Man News