The week's coronavirus events broken down day-by-day
After seven days during which the Island entered lockdown, all schools and childcare providers went from fully open to fully closed and 274 new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed, take a look back at how the week developed.
Monday 1 March
- Business as usual. After the previous Saturday's precautionary 'stay at home' message, testing on Sunday all returned negative results.
- All schools were open and there were no domestic restrictions.
- The advice from the Chief Minister was to be vigilant and continue practising good hygiene.
- At 4pm, two new cases were confirmed. One of these cases was of unknown origin.
- People who'd been at Close Leece Farm Cafe, La Mona Lisa Restaurant and Tesco at specific times were asked to be vigilant for Covid and self-isolate and call 111 if they developed symptoms.
- Late in the evening it transpired that further unexplained cases had been found, including in a student at St Ninian's High School.
- Government said the Chief Minister would announce a range of new measures in the morning.
Tuesday 2 March
- All schools remained open but attendance was not compulsory.
- The Chief Minister announced that a circuit break lockdown would be introduced from 00:01 on Wednesday.
- The House of Keys and Legislative Council met virtually for their sittings.
- At 4pm, eight new cases were confirmed of which: three were unexplained; one was an isolated traveller and four were close contacts of an existing cluster.
Wednesday 3 March
- The Island's third lockdown began.
- The construction industry would be allowed to continue operating.
- Schools would remain open for vulnerable children and those whose parents are key workers.
- Families of students in year seven at St Ninian's and QEII High Schools and years three and four at Ballasalla Primary School were asked to self-isolate immediately.
- At 4pm, 17 new cases were confirmed.
- The Director of Public Health said the Island was experiencing widespread community transmission of the virus.
- Anyone who'd been at an event at the Hydro Hotel on Friday 26 February was asked to self-isolate.
Thursday 4 March
- At 4pm, 36 new cases were confirmed.
- 40 people aged 5 - 19 with Covid-19, making up one third of the active cases at the time.
- People who'd been to The Bridge Inn in Laxey at specific times on Saturday 27 February were asked to self-isolate.
- Government announced all schools and childcare facilities would close to all pupils on Friday.
Friday 5 March
- Schools did not open. The Education Minister said schools were fuelling the virus.
- Parts of the construction sector were told to stop working for at least two weeks.
- Some Primary Care services were suspended.
- Chief Constable Gary Roberts told Manx Radio police were 'thin on the ground' with over 50 officers self-isolating.
- At 4pm, 59 new cases were confirmed.
Saturday 6 March
- Cervical screenings resumed.
- At 4pm, 71 new cases, were confirmed.
- There was a plea from Government to continue keeping children at home.
Sunday 7 March
- An announcement from Government confirmed schools would remain closed on Monday 8 March.
- The figures, published at 6pm, confirmed 81 new cases of the virus had been identified in 24 hours.
- The Chief Minister said this was not the peak, and the impact of lockdown should start to be seen in the coming days.